“Coast to Coast” cycling holiday of Bike Tours in Sri Lanka is from Negombo to Kalpitiya cycling through the countryside and coastal roads. En-route explores palm toddy making people and you can taste cup of hardy toddy with local people.
1st Day people will explore Negombo fishing village and local fishermen living style. Evening chilled out on the beach and it is soft cycling holiday and mostly people will ride flat terrain.
2nd Day cycling starts the busy city area of the Negombo and people cycle through the countryside to Dambadaniya explores the historical places. Cost to cost cycling holiday is not ride along the coastal road and people can explore history and countryside also while keep paddling.
3rd Day Cycling from Chilaw to Kalpitiya is coastal road and people will explore lagoon, water based landscapes, local fishing people living style and culture of them.
Kalpitiya coast is the ending point and then after people can relax on the beach or return with us to Airport or Colombo.
Highlights of the “Coast to Coast” Cycling Holiday in Sri Lanka.
- Negombo Fishing village and countryside
- Boat Ride in Negombo Lagoon and explore prawn’s , crab farms
- Dambadaniya kingdom and historical places
- Palm Estate and Toddy making people (Authentic Experiences).
- Cycle in Coastal roads and mix terrains
- Everyday refresh with coconut drink.
- Cycling in the countryside, paddy field.
- Relax on the Beach
Day 01 - Airport / Colombo – Negombo
- Welcome at the Airport and Proceed to Negombo.
- Cycling in Fishing village and explore local fishing village
- Negombo Lagoon Boat ride.
- Overnight stay in Negombo.
Luxury Package: The Beach – Standard Room (5*).
Premium Package: Goldie Sands – Standard Room (3+*).
Standard Package: Sunrise Palace – Standard Room (A Grade Guest House)
About 1st Day
You will meet My Ceylon Adventures Cycling Guide in Negombo, Airport or Colombo proceeds to Negombo by vehicle. After the few hours’ rest in Hotel explore the biggest fishing village in Sri Lanka (Negombo) by cycle. People will explore salt fishermen and process of salty fish. Then after ride through the fishing village explore people living style, customs and countryside of the Negombo.
In the evening people will explore prawn, crab farm’s in the lagoon and lagoon fishing people. Chilled beer or soft drink in the island of the lagoon.
Returning to hotel and special sea food dinner arranged in the beach with candle light.
It is very romantic moment with the partner.
Cycling is flat and soft terrain.
Approximate cycling distance 45 Km and 3 – 4 hrs.
Negombo - Dambadeniya - Maraweila
- After Breakfast proceed to cycling Dambadaniya.
- Cycle through the countryside and explore ancient Dambadaniya Kingdom.
- Refresh with coconut drink and evening relaxes on the beach.
- Overnight stay in Maraweila.
About 2nd Day
After the breakfast cycling to Dambadeniya through the countryside to Dambadeniya Kingdom and explore 3rd Kingdom of the Sri Lanka. En-route visit to Ancient temple people explore ancient Sri Lankan architectural and painting skills.
People will refresh with coconut drink and evening relaxes on the beach.
It is soft and mixed terrain
Approximate cycling distance 80 Km and 5 – 6 hrs.
Luxury Package: Club Hotel Dolphin – Standard Room (4*).
Premium Package: Suriya Resort – Standard Room (3*).
Standard Package: White Rose Beach Resort – Standard Room (A Grade Guest House)
Day 03 Maraweila - Kalpitiya
- After Breakfast cycling to Kalpitiya.
- En-route visit to local fisherman house
- Cycle through the coastal road.
- Refresh with coconut drink
- Evening relax on the beach or returning with us to Airport / Colombo.
About 3rd Day
After the breakfast cycling to Kalpitiya through the coastal road and en-route experience palm toddy, local fishing village, coastal landscapes.
It is flat terrain and soft cycling trail. En-route visit to local house and experience traditional custom.
It is approx… Cycling distance 90 – 100 Km
- Private guided cycling tour
- Air-conditioned Luxury vehicle will be provided.
- We are recommending Hybrid Mountain Bikes according to road conditions.
- Road bikes, Mountain bikes and electric bikes can be provided based on request.
- Hotels room category as mentioned on itinerary and if you need any upgrade rooms, you have to pay additional amount for room category upgrades.
- You can extend the Holiday in Beach
- Sri Lanka is Buddhism country so when you bring dress / cloths should not print or paste Buddha’s images or pictures related to Buddhism.
- Tips are not compulsory but if wish to appreciate the service or support you are feel free to pay any amount.
- Full moon day’s alcoholic drinks may not serve in the hotels or public area. Star class hotels min bar available at the room. Or you have purchase previous day and keep them at the vehicle or room.
- If you want to exchange the money highly advising exchange with bank. They will apply up to date exchange rate which ordered by Central Bank.
- When you are visiting temples and religious places needs to cover the shoulders and knees. So keep a shoal use such places.
- Do not remove or collect fauna or flora in the national parks or nature reserve without official permission.
- If you do not comfortable with any 3rd party services such as accommodation, please highlight to us then and there. Inform to our guide.
Things are you should bring
- Sri Lanka is warm country and day time average temperature would be 33 C – 36 C and relative humidity of 60 – 65%. Chances of sunburn are high with prolonged exposure so carry plenty of sun-block and guard against sunstroke.
- Light and Cotton cloths are recommended.
- 3 – 4 cycling jerseys
- If you expect to use clip shoes then bring the own paddle. Because clips vary brand to brand.