Trekking, Hiking and Adventurous Cycling Holiday of Bike Tours in Sri Lanka is an amazing cycling experience with multiple adventurous activities. it is no more just a cycling holiday…! Trekking, Hiking and Adventurous is thrilling and epic cycling holiday in Sri Lanka with multiple activities.
You may not ever experience before such a cycling holiday. Hiking and Adventurous Cycling Holiday is a hard core level cycling holiday with Bike Tours in Sri Lanka for fit enough people.
Hiking and Adventurous Cycling Holiday people will experience authentic activities, explores beautiful countryside, pristine knuckles range, Rafting, Elephant Safari and Hiking in Adams Peak. Adventurous Cycling Holiday keeps exploring multiple adventurous activities while cycling around the country.
Highlights of Hiking and Adventurous Cycling Holiday.
- Explore Countryside and landscapes
- Cycling in Hanthana Tea plantation and visit Ceylon Tea Museum
- Experience Tea picking and local culture
- Explore Knuckles mountain range
- Rafting and jungle trekking
- Hike the Adams peak
- 4 WD safari in Udawalawe National Park
- Leisure on the beach
Airport / Colombo – Kandy (Distance 140 Km and 3 – 4 hrs. drive)
- Welcome at the Airport and Proceed to Kandy
- En-route visit to Pinnawella Elephant Orphanage and feeding to baby elephants
- Cycling in Hanthana Tea Plantation
- Evening relax at the hotel or Kandy city tour
- Overnight stay in Kandy
Luxury Package: Randholee Resort – Standard Room (4* +).
Premium Package: Sky loft – Standard Room (3*+).
Standard Package: Devon Hotel Kandy – Standard Room (3*)
About 1st day
Our official representative meets and welcomes you at the Airport and proceeds to Kandy.
En-route you will visit to Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage and experience feeding to baby elephants.
After the lunch and visit to Hanthana Tea Museum and explore British tea planters footprints of Ceylon Tea Industry. You will cycle through a Hanthana Tea plantation. It is about 10 Km uphill and off road terrain, cycle through the tea plantation and en-route experience tea plucking, tea planters living style and South Indian culture. Hanthana is the most scenic cycling trail in Kandy and people explore stunning landscapes in Hanthana Mountain range.
En-route visited local house and experience traditional hospitality and South Indian snacks with hot tea, spicy chutney.
Evening visit to Temple of tooth relic and explore traditional kandyan dancing.
Relax at the hotel.
Approximate cycling distance 35 Km and 3 – 4 hrs.
Kandy – Knuckles Mountain Range
- After the breakfast you will proceed to Rathota.
- Start the cycling from Rathota to Knuckles summit
- You will get the local lunch and meet the trekking team.
- Trekking to Duwili Ella Waterfall
- Overnight in Cave located near by the waterfall.
About 3rd Day
After the breakfast you will proceed to Rathota and start the cycling from Rathota to Knuckles Summit. It is uphill ride and altitude starts from 300 meters to 1400 meters. Approx. distance 21 Km climb and temperature around 22 – 24 C. Once you reach to Knuckles summit you will have a break and after the local lunch you will start to trekking to Duwili Ella Waterfall with trekking team. It is approx. distance about 12 – 14 Km and you will stay cave near by the waterfall.
You will get basic meal due to remote area and it is not pre-arranged place. All logistics are carried by trekking team. It is moderated trekking trail and it is one of most scenic trekking trail in Sri Lanka. \
Note: Cave accommodation with basic facilities and people will get sleeping bags for sleep. There is no fixed washrooms and people have to use bush..
Duwili Ella Waterfall - Meemure
- After the Breakfast start the trekking to Meemure.
- Evening relax at the hotel and enjoy the nature.
- Overnight stay at Dumbanagala Chalet – Standard Room (Eco Lodge )
About 3rd Day.
After breakfast you will trek to Meemure through the forest and you will get the local lunch in Meemure. Evening explore scenic landscapes and pristine village in Meemure.
In the evening relax at the hotel
It is about approx. Trekking distance 10 – 12 Km.
Meemure – Kithulgala
- After Breakfast cycle to Victoria Dam via Hunnasgiriya.
- En-route visit to Tea factory and experience plucking tea.
- Evening White Water Rafting in Kithulgala
- Overnight stay at River Camp with BBQ Dinner.
About 4th Day
After the breakfast you will cycle to Hunnsgiriya and it is mixed cycling trail. It is not just cycle ride through the tea plantation; people will experience tea planters living style and tea picking. You will cycle ride continues to Victoria Dam and explore biggest dam of Sri Lanka.
It is mix terrain and approx… Cycling distance 45 – 60 Km.
After the cycling ride proceed to Kithulgala by vehicle and you will experience White Water Rafting and you will get BBQ Sri Lankan Dinner at Kithulgala river bank. Overnight stay at the Campsite near by the River bank.
Meemure to Victoria Dam approximate distances 45 – 60 Km and 5 – 6 hrs. Ride
Kithulgala - Adams Peak – Udawalawe
- After breakfast Proceed to Adams Peak.
- Hike the Adams Peak and proceed to Udawalawe.
- Evening relax
- Overnight stay in Udawalawe.
Luxury Package: Wild Trails Camping – Deluxe Tented Camp
Premium Package: Centurial Hotel – Standard room (3*)
Standard Package: Safari Village – Standard Room (2*)
About 4th Day
After the breakfast proceed to Hatton and hike the Adams peak. It is about 2243 meters above the sea level and usually spends 4 – 6 hrs. Hike with packed lunch and it is one of place Lord Buddha visited. People concern as holy place and people hike the Adams’ peak with spiritual mind. After the Adam’s peak proceed to Udawalawe and evening relax at hotel or cycling in Countryside.
Udawalawe - Beach Leisure South Coast
- Early morning Safari in Udawalawe 4 WD Safari
- After breakfast Proceed to Beach Leisure on the South Coast.
- En-route visit to Gem mine
- Cycle through Sinharaja Rain Forest buffer zone
About 6th Day
Early morning 6 a.m. proceed to 4 WD Udawalawe Safari and it is 3 hrs. Safari in Udawalawe national park. After the breakfast proceed to Beach leisure on the South Coast and en-route visit to Gem mine in Rathnapura.
Cycling will be started in the Sinharaja boundary.
- Private guided cycling tour
- Air-conditioned Luxury vehicle will be provided.
- We are recommending Hybrid Mountain Bikes according to road conditions.
- Road bikes, Mountain bikes and electric bikes can be provided based on request.
- Hotels room category as mentioned on itinerary and if you need any upgrade rooms, you have to pay additional amount for room category upgrades.
- You can extend the Holiday in Beach
- Sri Lanka is Buddhism country so when you bring dress / cloths should not print or paste Buddha’s images or pictures related to Buddhism.
- Tips are not compulsory but if wish to appreciate the service or support you are feel free to pay any amount.
- Full moon day’s alcoholic drinks may not serve in the hotels or public area. Star class hotels min bar available at the room. Or you have purchase previous day and keep them at the vehicle or room.
- If you want to exchange the money highly advising exchange with bank. They will apply up to date exchange rate which ordered by Central Bank.
- When you are visiting temples and religious places needs to cover the shoulders and knees. So keep a shoal use such places.
- Do not remove or collect fauna or flora in the national parks or nature reserve without official permission.
- If you do not comfortable with any 3rd party services such as accommodation, please highlight to us then and there. Inform to our guide.
Things are you should bring
- Sri Lanka is warm country and day time average temperature would be 33 C – 36 C and relative humidity of 60 – 65%. Chances of sunburn are high with prolonged exposure so carry plenty of sun-block and guard against sunstroke.
- Light and Cotton cloths are recommended.
- 3 – 4 cycling jerseys
- If you expect to use clip shoes then bring the own paddle. Because clips vary brand to brand.