“Cycling Holiday in Sunny Sri Lanka” tour of Bike Tours in Sri Lanka is a wonderful summer cycling holiday based in 5 days exploring iconic cultural and historical places in Sri Lanka. Cycling Holiday in Sunny Sri Lanka is not just 5 days cycling holiday in Sri Lanka. It is exploring over 2500 years old history, ancient Sri Lankans architectural skills, culture, authentic experiences and beauty of Sri Lanka.
You will start the cycling in Kandy and you will ride through the Knuckles mountain range to Polonnaruwa. You will explore amazing knuckles mountain range landscapes and over 2500 years old our proud forefathers’ irrigation system with Bike Tours in Sri Lanka.
Highlights of the Cycling Holiday in Sunny Sri Lanka.
- Elephant Orphanage visit and Feeding to baby elephants.
- Experience tea picking and Tea plantation
- Cycling in Hanthana Tea Plantation.
- Kandy traditional cultural dance
- Epic and most scenic cycling trail – high altitude cycling in Knuckles mountain range
- Trekking in Knuckles mountain
- Cycling to Polonnaruwa ruin city
- Visit to Sigiriya Lion Rock
- Village Tour
- Safari in Kaudulla National Park.
- Leisure on the beach
Airport - Negombo ( Approx. Distance 24 Km – duration 20 min)
- Welcome at the Airport and Proceed to Negombo.
- Relax at Hotel
- Evening Cycling in Negombo Fishing Village
- Overnight stay in Negombo.
Luxury Package : The Beach – Deluxe Room (5*)
Premium Package: Goldie Sands Hotel – Standard Room (4*)
Standard Package: Hotel J Negombo – Standard Room (3*)
About 1st day
Our official representative meets and welcomes you at the Airport and proceeds to Negombo Hotel.
Evening cycling in Negombo fishing village do the fine-tuning of Cycles and experience fishing village. 1st Day usually you will not get more activities; you need rest for ride in next day. You will cycle approximately 20 – 25 Km
Negombo – Kandy
- Welcome at the Airport and Proceed to Kandy
- En-route visit to Pinnawella Elephant Orphanage and feeding to baby elephants.
- Cycling in Hanthana Tea Plantation
- Evening relax at the hotel or Kandy city tour
- Overnight stay in Kandy.
Luxury Package: Randholee Resort – Standard Room (4* +).
Premium Package: Sky loft – Standard Room (3*+).
Standard Package: Devon Hotel Kandy – Standard Room (3*)
About 2nd Day
After the breakfast proceeds to Kandy and en-route you will visit to Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage and experience feeding to baby elephants.
After the lunch and visit to Hanthana Tea Museum and explore British tea planters footprints of Ceylon Tea Industry. You will cycle through a Hanthana Tea plantation. It is about 10 Km uphill and off road terrain, cycle through the tea plantation and en-route experience tea plucking, tea planters living style and South Indian culture. Hanthana is the most scenic cycling trail in Kandy and people explore stunning landscapes in Hanthana Mountain range.
En-route visited local house and experience traditional hospitality and South Indian snacks with hot tea, spicy chutney.
Evening visit to Temple of tooth relic and explore traditional Kandyan dancing.
Relax at the hotel.
Approximate cycling distance 35 Km and 3 – 4 hrs.
Kandy - Polonnaruwa
- After Breakfast proceed to Polonnaruwa via Matale
- Cycle starts in Top of the Knuckles Mountain range.
- Explore Polonnaruwa Countryside.
- Overnight stay in Polonnaruwa
Luxury Package: Hotel Sudu Araliya – Standard Room (4*)
Premium Package: Clay Hut Village – Standard Room (Eco)
Standard Package: The Hotel Mahanuge – Standard Room (2*)
About 3rd Day
After breakfast you will proceed to Matale – Riverstern Knuckles Range and you will start
Cycle to Ellahera through the most beautiful Knuckles range and it is amazing experience cycling in pristine terrain. You will start the cycling altitude of over 300 meters to 1400 meters. Mostly you will get uphill climb approx. 22 Km from the bottom of Riverston.
Top of the Knuckles Mountain is amazing and you can experience picturesque knuckles range mountains and Knuckles gap but if rain there will be huge mist and cold.
After all hard climbing you will get 21 Km downhill and flat up to Hetipola Town and after that you will proceed to Bakamuna Junction by vehicle. Then after you will start the cycling again to Polonnaruwa through the canal, countryside and wilderness area.
You will ride through two national parks boundaries and it is uncommon cycling trail but one of most scenic cycling trail. Most of travellers may not cycle this trail due to lack of information. Perhaps if you are lucky enough you might spot wild elephants near the elephant fence.
This is very scenic terrain and you can experience most beautiful iconic landscapes in Sri Lanka.
Total Cycling distance approximately 60 – 100 km. [Approx. 5 – 6 Hours]
Polonnaruwa – Sigiriya
- After the Breakfast cycling to Habarana.
- Explore Sri Lankan Countryside by Bullock Cart
- 4 WD Safaris in Kaudulla National Park.
- Overnight stay in Sigiriya
Luxury Package: Lake Lodge – Superior Room (Boutique Hotel)
Premium Package: Camilia Resort & Spa – Standard Room (4*)
Standard Package: Kassapa Lion Rock Hotel – Standard Room (3*)
About 4th Day
After the breakfast you will cycle to Habarana and you will visit to Hiriwaduna famer’s village by bullock cart and experience traditional farmer’s living style, functioning such village and walk in Chena. You will get the lunch at chief farmers house typical Sri Lankan lunch and you will experience farmer’s customs and hospitality.
After the lunch cycle to Kaudulla National Park for evening Elephant Safari.
Total distance approximately 90 Km and Cycling Distance 60 – 90 km
Sigiriya – Airport / Beach stay in Trincomalee
- After the Breakfast cycling to Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Proceed to Airport or Drop you in Beach Stay in Trincomalee.
About 5th Day
After the breakfast you will cycle to 8th wonder of the world “Sigiriya Rock Fortress” explore ancient Sri Lankans architecture skills, painting and people customs.
After the Sigiriya visit cycling tour will be ended and then proceed to Airport or Drop you in beach stay in Trincomalee.
- Private guided cycling tour
- Air-conditioned Luxury vehicle will be provided.
- We are recommending Hybrid Mountain Bikes according to road conditions.
- Road bikes, Mountain bikes and electric bikes can be provided based on request.
- Hotels room category as mentioned on itinerary and if you need any upgrade rooms, you have to pay additional amount for room category upgrades.
- You can extend the Holiday in Beach
- Sri Lanka is Buddhism country so when you bring dress / cloths should not print or paste Buddha’s images or pictures related to Buddhism.
- Tips are not compulsory but if wish to appreciate the service or support you are feel free to pay any amount.
- Full moon day’s alcoholic drinks may not serve in the hotels or public area. Star class hotels min bar available at the room. Or you have purchase previous day and keep them at the vehicle or room.
- If you want to exchange the money highly advising exchange with bank. They will apply up to date exchange rate which ordered by Central Bank.
- When you are visiting temples and religious places needs to cover the shoulders and knees. So keep a shoal use such places.
- Do not remove or collect fauna or flora in the national parks or nature reserve without official permission.
- If you do not comfortable with any 3rd party services such as accommodation, please highlight to us then and there. Inform to our guide.
Things are you should bring
- Sri Lanka is warm country and day time average temperature would be 33 C – 36 C and relative humidity of 60 – 65%. Chances of sunburn are high with prolonged exposure so carry plenty of sun-block and guard against sunstroke.
- Light and Cotton cloths are recommended.
- 3 – 4 cycling jerseys
- If you expect to use clip shoes then bring the own paddle. Because clips vary brand to brand.