“Activity Cycling Holiday with Bike Tours in Sri Lanka” is multiple activities cycling holiday it is ideal holiday for people who interesting to experience trekking, rafting, culture, landscapes and wildlife.
Multiple adventure activities spice up the Cycling holiday and it is wonderful cycling experience.
Cycling with Bike Tours in Sri Lanka is not just padding tour; you will ride through different terrains, explore beautiful landscapes, history of Sri Lanka and connects with culture and people.
Highlights of Romantic Cycling Holiday
- Explore Countryside and landscapes
- Rafting and jungle trekking
- Abseiling along the waterfall.
- Cave Exploration – Beli Lena Cave
- Beach holiday
Colombo – Polonnaruwa (Distance 256 Km and 5 – 6 hrs. Drive)
- Meets at the Colombo Hotel and Proceed to Polonnaruwa
- Evening cycling in Polonnaruwa countryside
- Overnight stay in Polonnaruwa
Luxury Package: Hotel Sudu Araliya – Standard Room (4*)
Premium Package: Hotel Maha Nuge – Standard Room (3*)
Standard Package: The Village Hotel – Standard Room (1*)
About 1st Day
Our cycling guide meets you at the Colombo Airport and proceeds to Polonnauwa. In the evening cycling in Polonnaruwa lake and experience low country landscapes and explore people living style. You will cycle approximately 30 Km.
Polonnaruwa countryside approximate distances 30 – 40 Km and 2 – 3 hrs. Ride
Polonnaruwa – Kandy
- After Breakfast cycling to Kandy through the countryside
- En-route trekking in the Knuckles mountain range
- Overnight stay in Kandy Hotel
Luxury Package: Randholee Resort – Standard Room (4* +).
Premium Package: Sky loft – Standard Room (3*+).
Standard Package: Devon Hotel Kandy – Standard Room (3*)
About 2nd Day
After breakfast you will cycle through the Polonnaruwa water tank to Bankamunuan Junction about 45 Km. it is flat route and you will ride through canal, countryside and wilderness area.
You will ride through two national parks boundaries and it is uncommon cycling trail but one of most scenic cycling trail. Most of travelers may not cycle this trail due to lack of information. Perhaps if you are lucky enough you might spot wild elephants near the elephant fence.
After Bakamuna you will proceed to top of Knuckles by vehicle or if you are fit enough you can cycle to top of Knuckles mountain range. You will get packed lunch and you will trek to Knuckles gap and experience fauna and flora in Mystery Mountain.
You will reach to Kandy in the evening.
Polonnaruwa to Kandy approximate distance 70 – 100 Km and 5 – 6 hrs. Ride
Kandy – Kithulgala
- After Breakfast cycle in Hanthana Tea Plantation to Gampola
- En-route visit to Tea factory and experience plucking tea.
- White Water Rafting in Kithulgala
- BBQ Dinner at the campsite and Overnight River Camp.
After the breakfast you will proceed to Ceylon Tea museum and experience ancient tea planters used machinery that over 200 years. Hanthana Mountain range is most scenic cycling trail in Kandy. It is not just cycle ride through the tea plantation, people will experience tea planters living style, tea picking and traditional South Indian snacks in local tea planters’ house and continue the cycling to Gampola junction. It is mix terrain and approx… Cycling distance 45 – 60 Km.
After the Gampola junction proceed to Kithulgala by vehicle and you will experience White Water Rafting and you will get BBQ Sri Lankan lunch at Kithulgala river bank.
Overnight stay at the Campsite near by the River bank.
Kandy to Kithulgala approximate distances 45 – 60 Km and 5 – 6 hrs. Ride
- After Breakfast cycling to Beli Lena cave.
- Abseiling along the water fall.
- White Water Rafting in Kithulgala
- Sri Lankan lunch in the river bank.
- Evening relax at campsite or walk in the village.
- Overnight stay at the Campsite.
About 4th Day
After the breakfast cycling to Beli Lena Cave and it is uphill cycling trail. You will trek to Cave through Rubber plantation. Beli Lena over 25000 year old cave and it was place ancient homosapien lived. After the cave exploration hiking to “Handun Ella” Waterfall and abseil along with the waterfall. It is exciting experience abseil height over 35 meters waterfall. After the Sri Lankan lunch you will do the White Water Rafting and it is grade 2 – 3 rapids.
Evening relax at the campsite and have a river bath or walk in the countryside.
Kithulgala – Negombo (Distance 120 Km and 4 hrs. drive)
- After Breakfast cycling to Airport or proceed to Airport.
- Proceed to Beach Stay in South Coast.
About 5th Day
After Breakfast you will cycle or proceed to Airport. If you wish to extend the holiday in the beach. We will drop you South Coast for the beach stay.
- Private guided cycling tour
- Air-conditioned Luxury vehicle will be provided.
- We are recommending Hybrid Mountain Bikes according to road conditions.
- Road bikes, Mountain bikes and electric bikes can be provided based on request.
- Hotels room category as mentioned on itinerary and if you need any upgrade rooms, you have to pay additional amount for room category upgrades.
- You can extend the Holiday in Beach
- Sri Lanka is Buddhism country so when you bring dress / cloths should not print or paste Buddha’s images or pictures related to Buddhism.
- Tips are not compulsory but if wish to appreciate the service or support you are feel free to pay any amount.
- Full moon day’s alcoholic drinks may not serve in the hotels or public area. Star class hotels min bar available at the room. Or you have purchase previous day and keep them at the vehicle or room.
- If you want to exchange the money highly advising exchange with bank. They will apply up to date exchange rate which ordered by Central Bank.
- When you are visiting temples and religious places needs to cover the shoulders and knees. So keep a shoal use such places.
- Do not remove or collect fauna or flora in the national parks or nature reserve without official permission.
- If you do not comfortable with any 3rd party services such as accommodation, please highlight to us then and there. Inform to our guide.
Things are you should bring
- Sri Lanka is warm country and day time average temperature would be 33 C – 36 C and relative humidity of 60 – 65%. Chances of sunburn are high with prolonged exposure so carry plenty of sun-block and guard against sunstroke.
- Light and Cotton cloths are recommended.
- 3 – 4 cycling jerseys
- If you expect to use clip shoes then bring the own paddle. Because clips vary brand to brand.