Everybody waits until Saturday comes! Fantastic Weekend is a two days cycling tour of Bike Tours in Sri Lanka and exploring 8th wonder of the world (Sigiriya Rock Fortress). Sigiriya Lion Rock is iconic UNESCO historical place in Sri Lanka and people will explore ancient Sri Lankan architectural skills, People living style, custom and wilderness.
Second Day people will cycle to Kandy via pristine Knuckles mountain range. It is hard climb and elevation start from approx… 180 meters to 1430 meters. It is hard climb with fantastic cycling tour into aromatic world of stunning landscapes. 2nd Day cycle ride will be end top of the Knuckles summit.
If anyone looking exploring history, wilderness and hard climbing Sri Lanka cycle tours…then Fantastic weekend is the perfect cycling tour in Sri Lanka
Highlights of the “Coast to Coast” Cycling Holiday in Sri Lanka.
- Explore Culture and Heritage.
- Visit to Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- 4 WD Elephant Safari in Kaudulla National Park
- Explore Village and Traditional people living style
- Experience Traditional dancing in Kandy
- Knuckles mountain range and tea plantation
Day 01 - Airport – Sigiriya (Distance 180 Km and approximate 4 – 5 hrs. Drive)
- My Ceylon Adventures cycling guide welcome you at the Airport
- Proceed to Sigiriya and on the way refresh with coconut drink.
- After the lunch cycle in the countryside and visit to Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- 4 WD Elephant Safari in Kaudulla National Park
- Evening Ayurveda herbal massage
- Overnight stay in Sigiriya
Luxury Package: Lake Lodge – Superior Room (Boutique Hotel)
Premium Package:Camilia Resort & Spa – Standard Room (4 star Hotel)
Standard Package: Kassapa Lion Rock Hotel – Standard Room (3 star Hotel)
About 1st Day
You will meet My Ceylon Adventures Cycling Guide in Negombo, Airport or Colombo and after the short briefing Sigiriya en-route you will have spot breaks.
You will start the cycling after the local lunch and explore about countryside, ancient architectural skills and Sigirya Lion Rock Fortress.
After the Sigiriya Lion Rock people will cycle to Habarana junction through the countryside.
Then after people will proceed to Safari in Kaudulla National Park by 4 WD Jeep.
This is flat route and daytime temperature 32 – 35 C°.
After the Elephant Safari people will have traditional body relaxing Ayurveda herbal massage and check into the hotel for the dinner.
Approximate cycling distance 45 Km and 3 – 4 hrs.
Day 02 Sigiriya- Kandy (Distance 189Km)
- After Breakfast cycling to Kandy through Knuckles Mountain Range.
- Evening Kandy Culture Dancing show.
- Cycling Tour will be ended.
About 2nd Day
After breakfast you will proceed to the Bankamunan Junction over the water tanks and through countryside. It is flat and soft terrain about 40 Km.
Then after proceeds to Hetipola junction by vehicle and start the 2nd part of the cycling tour through Knuckles range.
Cycling in Knuckles Mountain is most scenic trail and cycling trail based in high altitude area approximately above 1430 mete above the sea level and you will cycle through valley and mountain. It is hard climb trail about 21 Km but in between you will get few flat areas too. From Knuckles mountain range summit to Rathtota is 17 Km downhill through the tea plantations. Most of the people fly in two wheels like bird and celebrating the hard climb saying “yoo-hoo…yoo-hoo…yoo-hoo”
After the Rathtota cycling tour will be ended and people proceeds to Kandy by vehicle.
People can experience traditional Kandyan dance in culture house near by the city.
- Private guided cycling tour
- Air-conditioned Luxury vehicle will be provided.
- We are recommending Hybrid Mountain Bikes according to road conditions.
- Road bikes, Mountain bikes and electric bikes can be provided based on request.
- Hotels room category as mentioned on itinerary and if you need any upgrade rooms, you have to pay additional amount for room category upgrades.
- You can extend the Holiday in Beach
- Sri Lanka is Buddhism country so when you bring dress / cloths should not print or paste Buddha’s images or pictures related to Buddhism.
- Tips are not compulsory but if wish to appreciate the service or support you are feel free to pay any amount.
- Full moon day’s alcoholic drinks may not serve in the hotels or public area. Star class hotels min bar available at the room. Or you have purchase previous day and keep them at the vehicle or room.
- If you want to exchange the money highly advising exchange with bank. They will apply up to date exchange rate which ordered by Central Bank.
- When you are visiting temples and religious places needs to cover the shoulders and knees. So keep a shoal use such places.
- Do not remove or collect fauna or flora in the national parks or nature reserve without official permission.
- If you do not comfortable with any 3rd party services such as accommodation, please highlight to us then and there. Inform to our guide.
Things are you should bring
- Sri Lanka is warm country and day time average temperature would be 33 C – 36 C and relative humidity of 60 – 65%. Chances of sunburn are high with prolonged exposure so carry plenty of sun-block and guard against sunstroke.
- Light and Cotton cloths are recommended.
- 3 – 4 cycling jerseys
- If you expect to use clip shoes then bring the own paddle. Because clips vary brand to brand.