“Explore Sigiriya Countryside” is a two day relaxing cycling tour near Sigiriya fortress with Bike Tours in Sri Lanka and it’s a tour with authentic experiences.. People will explore Traditional farmers living style being with them, Sri Lankan cuisines, hospitality, ancient Sri Lankan architectural skills and Elephants.
Sigiriya Lion Rock is iconic UNESCO historical place in Sri Lanka exploring 8th wonder of the world (Sigiriya Rock Fortress) and FRESCO paintings.
Second Day people will cycle Sigiriya countryside and explore the countryside deeply and visit to Famers house by bullock cart ride experience farming, Sri Lankan cuisines and living style. After the village visit cycle to Kaudulla National Park for 4 WD Safari. After the safari Sigiriya Countryside cycling tour will be end!
Highlights of the “Coast to Coast” Cycling Holiday in Sri Lanka.
- Explore Culture and Heritage.
- Ayurveda herbal massage
- Visit to Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Explore Village and Traditional people living style
- 4 WD Elephant Safari in Kaudulla National Park
Day 01 - Airport – Sigiriya (Distance 180 Km and approximate 4 – 5 hrs. Drive)
- My Ceylon Adventures cycling guide welcome you at the Airport
- Cycling to Kurunagala about 60 Km
- Proceed to Dambulla by Vehicle.
- Visit to Dambulla Cave Temple or relax at the hotel.
- Overnight stay in Sigiriya
Luxury Package: Lake Lodge – Superior Room (Boutique Hotel)
Premium Package: Camilia Resort & Spa – Standard Room (4 star Hotel)
Standard Package: Kassapa Lion Rock Hotel – Standard Room (3 star Hotel)
About 1st Day
You will meet My Ceylon Adventures Cycling Guide in Negombo, Airport or Colombo and after the short briefing Sigiriya en-route you will have spot breaks.
My Ceylon Adventures cycling guide meet you at the hotel and start the cycling after skipping busy town. It is flat and soft terrain. You will cycle along the countryside, palm estate and en-route you will get refresh with coconut drink. Your 1st session of cycling will be ended in Kurunagala and you will proceed to Dambulla by vehicle. If you are not tired, then you can visit to Dambulla Golden Cave temple or relax at the hotel
Approximate cycling distance 45 Km and 3 – 4 hrs.
Day 02 Sigiriya Countryside
- After the Breakfast cycling to Sigiriya Rock Fortress and countryside.
- Explore Sri Lankan Countryside by Bullock Cart.
- 4 WD Safaris in Kaudulla National Park.
About 2nd Day
After the breakfast you will cycle to 8th wonder of the world “Sigiriya Rock Fortress” explore ancient Sri Lankans architecture skills, painting and people customs.
After Sigiriya you will visit to Experience traditional countryside by bullock cart explore traditional farmer’s living style, functioning such village and walk in Chena. You will get the lunch at chief farmer’s house typical Sri Lankan lunch and you will experience the farmer’s customs and hospitality.
After the lunch cycle to Kaudulla National Park or Minnieriya National park for evening Elephant Safari.
- Private guided cycling tour
- Air-conditioned Luxury vehicle will be provided.
- We are recommending Hybrid Mountain Bikes according to road conditions.
- Road bikes, Mountain bikes and electric bikes can be provided based on request.
- Hotels room category as mentioned on itinerary and if you need any upgrade rooms, you have to pay additional amount for room category upgrades.
- You can extend the Holiday in Beach
- Sri Lanka is Buddhism country so when you bring dress / cloths should not print or paste Buddha’s images or pictures related to Buddhism.
- Tips are not compulsory but if wish to appreciate the service or support you are feel free to pay any amount.
- Full moon day’s alcoholic drinks may not serve in the hotels or public area. Star class hotels min bar available at the room. Or you have purchase previous day and keep them at the vehicle or room.
- If you want to exchange the money highly advising exchange with bank. They will apply up to date exchange rate which ordered by Central Bank.
- When you are visiting temples and religious places needs to cover the shoulders and knees. So keep a shoal use such places.
- Do not remove or collect fauna or flora in the national parks or nature reserve without official permission.
- If you do not comfortable with any 3rd party services such as accommodation, please highlight to us then and there. Inform to our guide.
Things are you should bring
- Sri Lanka is warm country and day time average temperature would be 33 C – 36 C and relative humidity of 60 – 65%. Chances of sunburn are high with prolonged exposure so carry plenty of sun-block and guard against sunstroke.
- Light and Cotton cloths are recommended.
- 3 – 4 cycling jerseys
- If you expect to use clip shoes then bring the own paddle. Because clips vary brand to brand.