Cycling in Sigiriya Countryside (3 – 4 Hrs Cycling Ride)
Cycling in Sigiriya countryside is complete village experience in Sigiriya. Sigiriya countryside cycle tour explore about beauty of the Sigiriya countryside and explore about people living style of Sigiriya village.
Cycling tour in Sigiriya is a soft cycling trail and approx. distance 25 – 30 Km through the Sigiriya countryside. Sigiriya village cycle tour ride through paddy fields, over the lakes and en-route you will experience way of paddy cultivation system. At the end of the Sigiriya Countryside cycle tour you will visit to local farmer’s house and experience ancient self-sufficiency of the countryside and way of people living style.
After the Sigiriya Countryside cycle tour you will reach to famer’s house by bullock cart and it is ancient Sri Lanka key inland transport system. It is 10 – 15-minute bullock cart ride to top of the lake. After the bullock cart tour in Sigiriya, you will canoe to Farmer’s house and famer’s wife greet and welcome you in traditional way. Famer’s wife gives you basic cooking demonstration and offers Sri Lankan lunch. After the lunch you can have a walk-in farmer’s chena and experience tropical vegetables. Sigiriya village cycle tour is amazing experience about the local’s way of life and typical customs. Sigiriya countryside cycle tour is not just cycle tour and it is blending beauty of the countryside, local experiences and local cuisine.
Sigiriya Countryside Cycle Tour Operation Details
- Starting point near the Sigiriya Rest house or at your hotel
- Starting time 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Distance 25 – 30 Km and it is soft cycling trail
- Explore the beauty of countryside and cycle in gravel cycle trails
- Paddy fields experience with local farmer’s
- Bullock cart ride and canoeing with famer’s village experience
- Local lunch
- Approx. duration 3 – 4 hrs
|Number of Pax||1 pax||2 pax||3 – 4 pax||5 – 7 pax||8 – 10 pax|
|Rate Per Person in US$||$ 120||$ 60||$ 50||$ 45||$ 40|
- Cycles and support service
- Cycling guide and his fee
- Unlimited water
- Sigiriya village tour with local lunch (Bullock cart ride, canoeing and chena walk)