“Coast to Coast” cycling holiday with Bike Tours in Sri Lanka is from Bentota to Weligama cycling through the countryside and evening chilled out on the beach. It is soft cycling holiday and mostly people will ride flat terrain. 1st Day cycle from Bentota to Galle through the countryside and evening relax on the beach.
2nd Day cycling along with the sea breeze of Southern Coast to Weligama and experience local people living style and stilt fishing is unique fishing method in the South Coast. It is not just cycling ride…people will explore unique experience while keep paddling.
Weligama coast is the ending point and then after people can relax and surfing in Southern Coast of Sri Lanka.
Highlights of the “Coast to Coast” Cycling Holiday in Sri Lanka.
- Cycling in the countryside, paddy field.
- Local People living style
- Dutch Galle Fort
- Stilt Fishing
Day 01 - Airport – Galle (Distance 140 Km)
- Welcome at the Airport and Proceed to Bentota.
- Cycling through countryside to Galle
- Overnight stay in Galle.
Luxury Package: Lighthouse Hotel – Standard Room (5*).
Premium Package: Thaproban Beach House – Standard Room (A Grade).
Standard Package: Unawatuna Beach Bungalow Hotel – Standard Room (None)
About 1st Day
You will meet My Ceylon Adventures Cycling Guide in Negombo, Airport or Colombo proceeds to Bentota by vehicle. Start the cycling from Bentota to Galle through countryside. It is soft terrain and mostly people get flat terrain with minor climbing’s.
En-route people will experience local people living style and livelihood in South Coast of the people, Cinnamon plantation and Greenish paddy fields and wood carvings.
Evening people will chilled out in the beach.
Approximate cycling distance 65 Km and 4 – 5 hrs.
Day 02 Galle- Weligama (Distance 34Km and 3-4 hours)
- After Breakfast cycling to Galle Fort and Explore Dutch heritance.
- Cycling to Weligama along with the sea breeze.
- Evening relax on the beach
About 2nd Day
After the breakfast cycling to Galle Dutch Fort and explore Colonial heritance by walking in the Dutch Fort. After the Galle Dutch Fort tour continue the cycling tour to Weligama along with the South Coast. En-route people will explore stilt fishing and it is very unique method. People can experience stilt fishing only in South Coast of the Sri Lanka.
Evening people chilled out on the beach.
Approximate cycling distance 35 Km and 3 – 4 hrs.
- Private guided cycling tour
- Air-conditioned Luxury vehicle will be provided.
- We are recommending Hybrid Mountain Bikes according to road conditions.
- Road bikes, Mountain bikes and electric bikes can be provided based on request.
- Hotels room category as mentioned on itinerary and if you need any upgrade rooms, you have to pay additional amount for room category upgrades.
- You can extend the Holiday in Beach
- Sri Lanka is Buddhism country so when you bring dress / cloths should not print or paste Buddha’s images or pictures related to Buddhism.
- Tips are not compulsory but if wish to appreciate the service or support you are feel free to pay any amount.
- Full moon day’s alcoholic drinks may not serve in the hotels or public area. Star class hotels min bar available at the room. Or you have purchase previous day and keep them at the vehicle or room.
- If you want to exchange the money highly advising exchange with bank. They will apply up to date exchange rate which ordered by Central Bank.
- When you are visiting temples and religious places needs to cover the shoulders and knees. So keep a shoal use such places.
- Do not remove or collect fauna or flora in the national parks or nature reserve without official permission.
- If you do not comfortable with any 3rd party services such as accommodation, please highlight to us then and there. Inform to our guide.
Things are you should bring
- Sri Lanka is warm country and day time average temperature would be 33 C – 36 C and relative humidity of 60 – 65%. Chances of sunburn are high with prolonged exposure so carry plenty of sun-block and guard against sunstroke.
- Light and Cotton cloths are recommended.
- 3 – 4 cycling jerseys
- If you expect to use clip shoes then bring the own paddle. Because clips vary brand to brand.