“Best of Sri Lanka Cycling Holiday” tour of Bike Tours in Sri Lanka is specialized holiday package for Honeymooners and couples cycle with romance. Romantic Sri Lanka Cycling Holiday based in most scenic locations of Sri Lanka and atmosphere brings romance keep pushing you paddle more and more with your partner.
Especially people ride along with the tea plantation and explore stunning landscapes in uphill countryside with Bike Tours in Sri Lanka.
1st Day people explore about the Kandy and cycle in Romantic Hanthana Tea Plantation. Experience traditional cultural dance and explore history about the last kingdom.
2nd Day people cycle to Nuwera Eliya it is hard uphill ride and but climate may support you to cycle through Tea Plantations. Beautiful children may cheer you with flowers with true smiles.
3rd Day visit to Ella by Train and people explore amazing beautiful landscapes, waterfalls, 9 arch bridges during the train journey and it is the highly demanded train experience in every traveler. Because Train is the only way people can explore beauty of Sri Lanka.
4th Day cycling to Yala and evening big cat’s game drive in Yala national park. Overnight will spend under the millions of stars in the Campsite with campfire.
5th Day people drop in the Southern Coast relax on the beach.
Highlights of Cycling Holiday in Sri Lanka
- Visit to Ceylon Tea museum and explore ancient tea planters machinery
- Cycling through Hanthana Tea Plantation.
- Tea picking and local food experience
- Uphill ride and visit tea factory.
- Nuwera Eliya city walk
- Train Journey from Nuwera Elliya to Ella
- Evening hiking to Little Adams peak.
- 4 WD Safari in Yala National Park
- Camping night in Yala
Airport / Colombo – Kandy (Distance 140 Km and 3 – 4 hrs. drive)
- Welcome at the Airport and Proceed to Kandy
- En-route visit to Pinnawella Elephant Orphanage and feeding to baby elephants.
- Cycling in Hanthana Tea Planation
- Evening relax at the hotel or Kandy city tour
- Overnight stay in Kandy.
Luxury Package: Randholee Resort – Standard Room (4* +).
Premium Package: Sky loft – Standard Room (3*+).
Standard Package: Devon Hotel Kandy – Standard Room (3*)
About 1st day
Our official representative meets and welcomes you at the Airport and proceeds to Kandy.
En-route you will visit to Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage and experience feeding to baby elephants.
After the lunch and visit to Hanthana Tea Museum and explore British tea planters footprints of Ceylon Tea Industry. You will cycle through a Hanthana Tea plantation. It is about 10 Km uphill and off road terrain, cycle through the tea planation and en-route experience tea plucking, tea planters living style and South Indian culture. Hanthana is the most scenic cycling trail in Kandy and people explore stunning landscapes in Hanthana Mountain range.
En-route visited local house and experience traditional hospitality and South Indian snacks with hot tea, spicy chutney.
Evening visit to Temple of tooth relic and explore traditional kandyan dancing.
Relax at the hotel.
Approximate cycling distance 35 Km and 3 – 4 hrs.
Kandy – Nuwera Elliya
- After Breakfast early morning cycling to Nuwera Elliya through tea plantations.
- En-route visit to Tea factory and experience picking tea.
- Evening canoeing Gregory lake in Nuwera Elliya
- Overnight stay in Nuwera Elliya
Luxury Package : Araliya Green Hills – Deluxe Room (4*)
Premium Package: Blackpool – Standard Room (3*)
Standard Package: Windsor Hotel – Standard Room (2*)
About 2nd Day
Cycling to Nuwera Elliya (England Countryside) is awesome experience and it is the epic story of your winter holiday in Sri Lanka. Cycling attitude starts 500 meters to 1885 meters. It is uphill trail and this is the most beautiful cycling trail in Sri Lanka. You are cycling through tea plantation, scenic mountains and valley. From Kandy to Nuwera Ellia total distance would be 78 km and you will cycle approximately average 60 Km. if you fitness enough you can ride further.
Approximate cycling distances 50 – 70 Km.
Nuwera Elliya – Ella
- After Breakfast early morning cycling to Patipolla Railway station.
- Proceed to Ella by Train
- Trekking to little Adams’ peak and Ella Gap
- Overnight stay in Ella.
Luxury Package : 98 Acres Resort – Standard Room (Boutique Hotel)
Premium Package: Oak Ray Ella Gap – Standard Room (3*)
Standard Package: Ella Mount View Guest Inn – Standard Room (“A” Grade Guest)
About 3rd Day
After the breakfast you will cycle to the Patipola Railway station and it is 1 – 2 Hrs. downhill cycling trail. From Nuwera Elliya to Ella train journey is very scenic and it is the most beautiful train journey in Sri Lanka. Train journey about 2 – 3 hrs. and after the train experience people will have a local lunch at the restaurant.
After the lunch hiking to Ella Gap (Little Adam’s peak) explore stunning landscapes in Ella.
Evening relax at the hotel
Ella – Yala
- After Breakfast cycling to Yala.
- Evening Safari in Yala National Park.
- Overnight stay in Yala
Luxury Package : Yala Beach Camp – Deluxe Tent
Premium Package: Wild Ceylon Camping – Deluxe Tent
Standard Package: Wild Ceylon Camping – Standard Tent
About 4th Day
After Breakfast you will start the cycling to Tissamaharama via Wellawaya.
Ella to Wellawaya downhill cycling trail approximately 20 Km and you will cycle through “Ravana” lived area and which triangle epic love story based on Rama, Sita and Ravana.
You will cycle approximately 60 – 80 Km and you are cycling buffer zone of the national parks, if you are lucky you can see deer, elephant over the electric fence.
Lunch will be served at the campsite.
Evening your safari will be starting at 3 p.m. and until 5.30 p.m. you will be in Safari in Yala national park. After Safari proceed to the Yala campsite by Safari Jeep and you will have romantic BBQ dinner under the millions of stars.
Yala – South Coast
- After Breakfast cycling through National park border to Hambantota
- Drop you in Southern coast beach hotel
About 5th Day
After breakfast cycling to Sithulpawa Temple through national park border and you will experience animal and birds lived in national park border and if you are lucky enough you can experience wild elephants in the national park fence.
You will cycle to Hambantota and Cycling Tour will be ended. After the cycle ride drop you in Southern Coast.
- Private guided cycling tour
- Air-conditioned Luxury vehicle will be provided.
- We are recommending Hybrid Mountain Bikes according to road conditions.
- Road bikes, Mountain bikes and electric bikes can be provided based on request.
- Hotels room category as mentioned on itinerary and if you need any upgrade rooms, you have to pay additional amount for room category upgrades.
- You can extend the Holiday in Beach
- Sri Lanka is Buddhism country so when you bring dress / cloths should not print or paste Buddha’s images or pictures related to Buddhism.
- Tips are not compulsory but if wish to appreciate the service or support you are feel free to pay any amount.
- Full moon day’s alcoholic drinks may not serve in the hotels or public area. Star class hotels min bar available at the room. Or you have purchase previous day and keep them at the vehicle or room.
- If you want to exchange the money highly advising exchange with bank. They will apply up to date exchange rate which ordered by Central Bank.
- When you are visiting temples and religious places needs to cover the shoulders and knees. So keep a shoal use such places.
- Do not remove or collect fauna or flora in the national parks or nature reserve without official permission.
- If you do not comfortable with any 3rd party services such as accommodation, please highlight to us then and there. Inform to our guide.
Things are you should bring
- Sri Lanka is warm country and day time average temperature would be 33 C – 36 C and relative humidity of 60 – 65%. Chances of sunburn are high with prolonged exposure so carry plenty of sun-block and guard against sunstroke.
- Light and Cotton cloths are recommended.
- 3 – 4 cycling jerseys
- If you expect to use clip shoes then bring the own paddle. Because clips vary brand to brand.