“Jolly Weekend” cycling holiday is weekend cycling holiday in Bike Tours in Sri Lanka where within two days people will explore stunning landscapes in Hanthana Tea Plantation. First day people will cycle through Hanthana Tea plantation, it is mostly uphill and mix terrain. If you love to cycle in climb then you will ride 10 Km off road. It is not just paddling tour…! People will experience Tea picking, Tea Planters living style, South Indian custom and en-route visit to local house and experience traditional Tamil snacks with spicy “chutney”, hospitality.
Next Day “Jolly Weekends continues the cycle tour to Kithulgala and people enjoy the thrilling adventurous white water Rafting. People will cycle to “Beli Lena Cave” and explore ancient homosapien lived cave 25000 years ago.
Jolly Weekend cycling holiday in Sri Lanka is two days cycling tour in Sri Lanka and Two days cycling holiday will be ended in Kuthulgala. After the two days cycling tour you can continue to Beach holiday in South Coast or Airport for the departure.
Highlights of the “Jolly Jolly Weekend” Cycling Holiday in Sri Lanka.
- Pinnawella Elephant Orphanage Visit
- Cycling in Romantic Hanthana Tea Plantation
- Explore stunning landscapes and Local food experience.
- Evening visit to Temple of tooth Relic and Kandy Dancing
- Cycling through countryside to Kithulgala and cave Exploration.
- White Water Rafting
- BBQ lunch
Day 01 - Airport – Kandy (Distance 140 Km and 3 hrs. drive)
- Welcome at the Airport and Proceed to Kandy
- En-route visit to Pinnawella Elephant Orphanage.
- Evening cycling in Hanthana Tea Plantation.
- Visit to Temple of tooth relic and Kandy Dance.
- Overnight stay in Kandy.
Luxury Package: Randholee Resort – Standard Room (4* +).
Premium Package: Sky loft – Standard Room (3*+).
Standard Package: Devon Hotel Kandy – Standard Room (3*)
About 1st Day
You will meet My Ceylon Adventures Cycling Guide in Negombo, Airport or Colombo proceeds to Kandy. En-route visit to Pinnawella Elephant Orphanage, experience treatments and feeding. After the lunch and visit to Hanthana Tea Museum and explore British tea planters footprints of Ceylon Tea Industry. You will cycle through a Hanthana Tea plantation. It is about 10 Km uphill and off road terrain, cycle through the tea plantation and en-route experience tea plucking, tea planters living style and South Indian culture. Hanthana is the most scenic cycling trail in Kandy and people explore stunning landscapes in Hanthana Mountain range.
En-route visited local house and experience traditional hospitality and South Indian snacks with hot tea, spicy chutney.
Evening visit to Temple of tooth relic and explore traditional Kandyan dancing.
Relax at the hotel
Approximate cycling distance 45 Km and 3 – 4 hrs.
Day 02 Kandy - Kithulgala (Distance 80 Km)
- After Breakfast Proceed to Kithulgala.
- Explore Beli Lena Cave and Kithulgala Countryside
- White Water Rafting in Kithulgala
- BBQ Lunch with chilled beer.
- Evening Cycling Tour will be end.
About 2nd Day
After the breakfast proceed to Kithulgala and start the cycling at Rafting point. People will cycle through the Kithulgala countryside and explore Beli Lena cave. It is over 25000 year old cave and explore about ancient homosapien lived style. After the cycling you will experience thrilling adventurous White Water Rafting and the experience of White Water Rafting in the picturesque Kelani River, there are 7 rapids covering 3 major rapids and 4 minor rapids (Grade 2 -3 rapids). Every rapid gives you great fun…epic excitement…!
You will have a BBQ lunch near the River Bank and after the lunch cycling tour will be ended. you can drop at the Airport or Beach stay in South Coast.
Approximate cycling distance 35 Km and 3 – 4 hrs.
- Private guided cycling tour
- Air-conditioned Luxury vehicle will be provided.
- We are recommending Hybrid Mountain Bikes according to road conditions.
- Road bikes, Mountain bikes and electric bikes can be provided based on request.
- Hotels room category as mentioned on itinerary and if you need any upgrade rooms, you have to pay additional amount for room category upgrades.
- You can extend the Holiday in Beach
- Sri Lanka is Buddhism country so when you bring dress / cloths should not print or paste Buddha’s images or pictures related to Buddhism.
- Tips are not compulsory but if wish to appreciate the service or support you are feel free to pay any amount.
- Full moon day’s alcoholic drinks may not serve in the hotels or public area. Star class hotels min bar available at the room. Or you have purchase previous day and keep them at the vehicle or room.
- If you want to exchange the money highly advising exchange with bank. They will apply up to date exchange rate which ordered by Central Bank.
- When you are visiting temples and religious places needs to cover the shoulders and knees. So keep a shoal use such places.
- Do not remove or collect fauna or flora in the national parks or nature reserve without official permission.
- If you do not comfortable with any 3rd party services such as accommodation, please highlight to us then and there. Inform to our guide.
Things are you should bring
- Sri Lanka is warm country and day time average temperature would be 33 C – 36 C and relative humidity of 60 – 65%. Chances of sunburn are high with prolonged exposure so carry plenty of sun-block and guard against sunstroke.
- Light and Cotton cloths are recommended.
- 3 – 4 cycling jerseys
- If you expect to use clip shoes then bring the own paddle. Because clips vary brand to brand.