Hiking and Adventurous Cycling Holiday of Bike Tours in Sri Lanka is an amazing and you may not ever experience before such a cycling holiday. Hiking and Adventurous Cycling Holiday is a hard core level cycling holiday in Bike Tours in Sri Lanka for fit enough people.
Hiking and Adventurous Cycling Holiday people will experience authentic activities, explores beautiful countryside, pristine knuckles range, Rafting, Elephant Safari and Hiking in Adams Peak. Adventurous Cycling Holiday keeps exploring multiple adventurous activities while cycling around the country.
Highlights of Hiking and Adventurous Cycling Holiday.
- Explore Countryside and landscapes
- Explore Knuckles mountain range
- Cycling in Hanthana Tea plantation and visit Ceylon Tea Museum
- Experience Tea picking and local culture
- Rafting and jungle trekking
- Hike the Adams peak
- 4 WD safari in Udawalawe National Park
- Leisure on the beach
Colombo – Polonnaruwa (Distance 256 Km and 5 – 6 hrs drive)
- Welcome you at the Airport and Proceed to Polonnaruwa
- Evening cycling in Polonnaruwa countryside
- Overnight stay in Polonnaruwa
Luxury Package: Hotel Sudu Araliya – Standard Room (4*)
Premium Package: Hotel Maha Nuge – Standard Room (3*)
Standard Package: The Village Hotel – Standard Room (1*)
About 1st Day
Our cycling guide meets you at the Colombo Airport and proceeds to Polonnauwa. In the evening cycling in Polonnaruwa lake and experience low country landscapes and explore people living style. You will cycle approximately 30 Km.
Polonnaruwa countryside approximate distance 30 – 40 Km and 2 – 3 hrs Ride
Polonnaruwa – Kandy
- After Breakfast cycling to Kandy through the countryside
- En-route trekking in the Knuckles mountain range
- Overnight stay in Kandy Hotel
Luxury Package: Randholee Resort – Standard Room (4* +).
Premium Package: Sky loft – Standard Room (3*+).
Standard Package: Devon Hotel Kandy – Standard Room (3*)
About 2nd Day
After breakfast you will cycle through the Polonnaruwa water tank to Bankamunuan Junction about 45 Km. it is flat route and you will ride through canal, countryside and wilderness area.
You will ride through two national parks boundaries and it is uncommon cycling trail but one of most scenic cycling trail. Most of travelers may not cycle this trail due to lack of information. Perhaps if you are lucky enough you might spot wild elephants near the elephant fence.
After Bakamuna you will proceed to top of Knuckles by vehicle or if you are fit enough you can cycle to top of Knuckles mountain range. You will get packed lunch and you will trek to Knuckles gap and experience fauna and flora in Mystery Mountain.
You will reach to Kandy in the evening.
Polonnaruwa to Kandy approximate distance 70 – 100 Km and 5 – 6 hrs Ride
Kandy – Kithulgala – Adams Peak
- After Breakfast cycle in Hanthana Tea Plantation to Gampola
- En-route visit to Tea factory and experience plucking tea.
- White Water Rafting in Kithulgala
- BBQ Dinner at the campsite and Overnight River Camp.
About 3rd Day
After the breakfast you will proceed to Ceylon Tea museum and experience ancient tea planters used machinery that over 200 years. Hanthana Mountain range is most scenic cycling trail in Kandy. It is not just cycle ride through the tea plantation, people will experience tea planters living style, tea picking and traditional South Indian snacks in local tea planters’ house and continue the cycling to Gampola junction. It is mix terrain and approx… Cycling distance 45 – 60 Km.
After the Gampola junction proceed to Kithulgal by vehicle and you will experience White Water Rafting and you will get BBQ Sri Lankan lunch at Kithulgala river bank.
Overnight stay at the Campsite near by the River bank.
Kandy to Kithulgala approximate distance 45 – 60 Km and 5 – 6 hrs Ride
Kithulgala - Adams Peak – Udawalawe
- After breakfast Proceed to Adams Peak.
- Hike the Adams Peak and proceed to Udawalawe.
- Evening relax
- Overnight stay in Udawalawe.
Luxury Package: Wild Trails Camping – Deluxe Tented Camp
Premium Package: Centurial Hotel – Standard room (3*)
Standard Package: Safari Village – Standard Room (2*)
About 4th Day
After the breakfast proceed to Hatton and hike the Adams peak. It is about 2243 meters above the sea level and usually spends 4 – 6 hrs. Hike with packed lunch and it is one of place Lord Buddha visited. People concern as holy place and people hike the Adams’ peak with spiritual mind. After the Adam’s peak proceed to Udawalawe and evening relax at hotel or cycling in Countryside.
Udawalawe - Beach Leisure South Coast
- Early morning Safari in Udawalawe 4 WD Safari
- After breakfast Proceed to Beach Leisure on the South Coast.
- En-route visit to Gem mine
- Cycle through Sinharaja Rain Forest buffer zone
About 5th Day
Early morning 6 a.m. proceed to 4 WD Udawalawe Safari and it is 3 hrs. Safari in Udawalawe national park. After the breakfast proceed to Beach leisure on the South Coast and en-route visit to Gem mine in Rathnapura.
Cycling will be started in the Sinharaja boundary.
- Private guided cycling tour
- Air-conditioned Luxury vehicle will be provided.
- We are recommending Hybrid Mountain Bikes according to road conditions.
- Road bikes, Mountain bikes and electric bikes can be provided based on request.
- Hotels room category as mentioned on itinerary and if you need any upgrade rooms, you have to pay additional amount for room category upgrades.
- You can extend the Holiday in Beach
- Sri Lanka is Buddhism country so when you bring dress / cloths should not print or paste Buddha’s images or pictures related to Buddhism.
- Tips are not compulsory but if wish to appreciate the service or support you are feel free to pay any amount.
- Full moon day’s alcoholic drinks may not serve in the hotels or public area. Star class hotels min bar available at the room. Or you have purchase previous day and keep them at the vehicle or room.
- If you want to exchange the money highly advising exchange with bank. They will apply up to date exchange rate which ordered by Central Bank.
- When you are visiting temples and religious places needs to cover the shoulders and knees. So keep a shoal use such places.
- Do not remove or collect fauna or flora in the national parks or nature reserve without official permission.
- If you do not comfortable with any 3rd party services such as accommodation, please highlight to us then and there. Inform to our guide.
Things are you should bring
- Sri Lanka is warm country and day time average temperature would be 33 C – 36 C and relative humidity of 60 – 65%. Chances of sunburn are high with prolonged exposure so carry plenty of sun-block and guard against sunstroke.
- Light and Cotton cloths are recommended.
- 3 – 4 cycling jerseys
- If you expect to use clip shoes then bring the own paddle. Because clips vary brand to brand.