Cycling holiday is with Bike Tours in Sri Lanka is an awesome experience in Sri Lanka and it is the best way to explore the beauty of Sri Lanka. The Indian Ocean surrounded Sri Lanka and Aurgambay is Surfing hotspot of in Sri Lanka. We have notice most of our cycling guests are highly interesting about Surfing in their wish activity list.
“The Epic Cycling Holiday with Surfing in Arugambay” is not just cycling holiday of Bike Tours in Sri Lanka with Surfing. It is blends with exploring last kingdom of Sri Lanka, culture, Stunning landscapes in Tea plantation and indigenous people living style.
Day 01 explore about the Kandy heritage, evening cycling Hanthana tea plantation. People will experience about tea planters living style, stunning landscapes and taste Tea Planters traditional snack.
Day 02 people will cycle to Meemure pristine village and explore about prestine villagers living style. Meemure is quiet and calm beautiful city in Kandy but is not touristic place.
Day 03 people will cycle to Mahiyanganaya explore about the indigenous people living style.
Day 04 people cycle to Arugambay for relax and surfing
“The Epic Cycling Holiday with Surfing in Arugambay” of Bike Tours in Sri Lanka is amazingly blend with history, culture and heritage of Sri Lanka.
Highlights of the The Epic Cycling Holiday with Surfing in Arugambay.
- Visit Elephant Orphanage
- Explore secret beauty of Hanthana Tea Plantation and Ceylon Tea museum.
- Experience tea picking and Tea plantation
- Kandy City Tour and Traditional dances in Kandy
- Explore Prestine Meemure Countryside
- Explore about indigenous people of Sri Lanka
- Surfing and Relax on the Arugambay.
Airport – Kandy (Distance 140 Km and 3 – 4 hrs drive)
- Welcome at the Airport and Proceed to Kandy
- En-route visit to Pinnawella Elephant Orphanage and feeding to baby elephants.
- Evening cycling in Hanthana Tea Plantation or Relax at the hotel.
- Overnight stay in Kandy.
Luxury Package: Randholee Resort – Standard Room (4* +).
Premium Package: Sky loft – Standard Room (3*+).
Standard Package: Devon Hotel Kandy – Standard Room (3*)
About 1st day
Our official representative meets and welcomes you at the Airport and proceeds to Kandy.
En-route you will visit to Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage and experience feeding to baby elephants.
After the lunch and visit to Hanthana Tea Museum and explore British tea planters footprints of Ceylon Tea Industry. You will cycle through a Hanthana Tea plantation. It is about 10 Km uphill and off road terrain, cycle through the tea plantation and en-route experience tea plucking, tea planters living style and South Indian culture. Hanthana is the most scenic cycling trail in Kandy and people explore stunning landscapes in Hanthana Mountain range.
En-route visited local house and experience traditional hospitality and South Indian snacks with hot tea, spicy chutney.
Evening visit to Temple of tooth relic and explore traditional kandyan dancing.
Relax at the hotel
Approximate cycling distance 35 Km and 3 – 4 hrs.
Kandy – Meemure (approximate distance 90 Km)
- After the Breakfast proceed to Hunnagiriya
- Cycling to Meemure through the countryside.
- Evening relax at the hotel.
- Overnight stay at Dumbanagala Chalet – Standard Room (Eco Lodge )
About 2nd Day.
After breakfast you will cycle through the Kandy Countryside and explore scenic landscapes, pristine village in Meemure. You will start the cycle from Hunasgiriya to Meemure skipping Kandy busy town area. En-route you will visit to Victoria dam.
it is mix terrain but you will get mostly uphills about 40 Km.
This is the most beautiful cycling trail in Sri Lanka and you will experience how the pristine village living style and self-sufficiency in such village.
Approximate cycling distance 40 Km and 3 – 4 hrs.
Meemure - Mahiyanganaya (approximate distance 90 Km)
- After the Breakfast cycling to Mahiyanganaya
- After lunch visit to indigenous village
- Evening relax at the hotel or explore countryside.
- Overnight stay at Tikiri Villa.
About 3rd Day.
After breakfast you will cycle through the Countryside Mahiyanganaya indigenous village and experience the people living style, hunting techniques and traditional Indigenous war dance.
You will get local lunch in restaurant on the way to Mahiyanganaya. It is mix terrain and approx. cycling distance 40 – 70 Km
Approximate cycling distance 40 – 70 Km and 4 – 5 hrs.
Mahiyanganaya – Arugam Bay ( distance 140 Km and 2 - 3 hrs drive)
- After the Breakfast cycling to Monaragala via Bibile.
- Proceed to Arugambay and evening relax on the beach
About 4th Day.
After breakfast you will cycle through the Countryside to Monaragala and it is mixed terrain. Approx.. cycling distance 45 – 60 Km and after the Monaragala proceed to Arugambay by vehicle. Cycling tour will be ended drop you in Arugambay.
- Private guided cycling tour
- Air-conditioned Luxury vehicle will be provided.
- We are recommending Hybrid Mountain Bikes according to road conditions.
- Road bikes, Mountain bikes and electric bikes can be provided based on request.
- Hotels room category as mentioned on itinerary and if you need any upgrade rooms, you have to pay additional amount for room category upgrades.
- You can extend the Holiday in Beach
- Sri Lanka is Buddhism country so when you bring dress / cloths should not print or paste Buddha’s images or pictures related to Buddhism.
- Tips are not compulsory but if wish to appreciate the service or support you are feel free to pay any amount.
- Full moon day’s alcoholic drinks may not serve in the hotels or public area. Star class hotels min bar available at the room. Or you have purchase previous day and keep them at the vehicle or room.
- If you want to exchange the money highly advising exchange with bank. They will apply up to date exchange rate which ordered by Central Bank.
- When you are visiting temples and religious places needs to cover the shoulders and knees. So keep a shoal use such places.
- Do not remove or collect fauna or flora in the national parks or nature reserve without official permission.
- If you do not comfortable with any 3rd party services such as accommodation, please highlight to us then and there. Inform to our guide.
Things are you should bring
- Sri Lanka is warm country and day time average temperature would be 33 C – 36 C and relative humidity of 60 – 65%. Chances of sunburn are high with prolonged exposure so carry plenty of sun-block and guard against sunstroke.
- Light and Cotton cloths are recommended.
- 3 – 4 cycling jerseys
- If you expect to use clip shoes then bring the own paddle. Because clips vary brand to brand.