Epic Climbing Cycling Holiday is keeps climbing …climbing cycling holiday in Sri Lanka. It is hard core cycling holiday based in Sri Lanka Hill countryside and simply proving the fitness and exploit in different context. Epic Climbing Cycling Holiday of Bike Tours in Sri Lanka is based on more climbing’s cycling holiday and based in uphill areas in Sri Lanka. You will cycle highest point of Sri Lanka and altitude 2300 meters. If you are great climber and enjoying hard core climbing then “Epic Climbing Cycling Holiday in Sri Lanka” is the perfect cycling holiday such professional level cyclist. It is not just climbing cycling holiday, people will explore stunning landscapes, tea plantation, people living style, en-route experience tea planter’s food with spicy chutney and trekking in Horton plains. People will experience flora and fauna while keep paddling.
Epic Cycling Holiday of Bike Tours in Sri Lanka is for hardcore, physically fit enough and well experience cycling riders and you will start the cycling in Kandy (elevation 500 m) to Horton Plains (2300 m). It is epic story of your Sri Lanka holiday.
Highlights of the Epic Cycling Holiday
- Tuk Tuk Kandy city tour.
- Cycling in Kandy Hanatha Tea Plantation and explore Tea Planters living style.
- Epic and most scenic cycling trail – high altitude cycling
- Experience tea picking and Tea plantation
- Trekking in Horton Plains and explore fauna and flora.
- Cycling to Belihul Oya
- 4 WD Safari in Udawalawe National Park
- Leisure on the beach
Airport – Kithulgala (Distance 90 Km and 2 - 3 hrs drive)
- Welcome at the Airport and Proceed to Kithulgala
- White Water Rafting in Kithulgala
- BBQ lunch in the river bank.
- Evening relax at the hotel.
- Overnight stay at Forest Edge (Eco Hotel)
About 1st Day
Our official representative meets and welcomes you at the Airport and proceeds to Kithulgala. If you fit enough you can start cycling to Kithulgala. If you are going to cycling to KIthulgala, you will start cycling in Yakkala skip all busy towns.
Cycling to Kithulgala is mixed terrain and you will get mostly flat terrains and few uphill but those are not too hard climbs. Once you reach to Kithulgala. You will relax at hotels and evening you can experience Rafting.
Kithulgala - Kandy
- After Breakfast early morning cycling to Beli Lena explore the cave
- Abseiling along the water fall.
- Proceed to Kandy by vehicle and lunch will be at local restaurant.
- Cycling in Hanthana Tea Planation
- Evening relax at the hotel or Kandy city tour
- Overnight stay in Kandy.
Luxury Package: Randholee Resort – Standard Room (4* +).
Premium Package: Sky loft – Standard Room (3*+).
Standard Package: Devon Hotel Kandy – Standard Room (3*)
About 2nd day
After the breakfast cycling to Beli Lena Cave and it is uphill cycling trail. You will trek to Cave through Rubber plantation. Beli Lena over 25000 year old cave and it was place ancient homosapien lived. After the cave exploration hiking to “Handun Ella” Waterfall and abseil along with the waterfall. It is exciting experience abseil height over 35 meters waterfall.
From KIthulgala to Kandy is busy road and hence you will proceed to Kandy by vehicle.
After the lunch you will start the evening cycling in Hanthana Tea planation. It is wonderful experience and beauty of Hanthana may brings you amazing feelings about the beauty of Sri Lanka.
You will visit to Hanthana Tea Museum and explore British tea planters footprints of Ceylon Tea Industry. You will cycle through a Hanthana Tea plantation. It is about 10 Km uphill and off road terrain, cycle through the tea plantation and en-route experience tea plucking, tea planters living style and South Indian culture. Hanthana is the most scenic cycling trail in Kandy and people explore stunning landscapes in Hanthana Mountain range.
En-route visited local house and experience traditional hospitality and South Indian snacks with hot tea, spicy chutney.
Evening you will relax at the hotel or experience traditional Kandyan dancing.
Approximate total cycling distance 45 – 60 Km
Kandy – Nuwera Elliya (Distance 90 Km)
- After Breakfast early morning cycling to Nuwera Elliya through tea plantations.
- En-route visit to Tea factory and experience picking tea.
- Evening canoeing Gegory lake in Nuwera Elliya
- Overnight stay in Nuwera Elliya
Luxury Package : Araliya Green Hills – Deluxe Room (4*)
Premium Package: Blackpool – Standard Room (3*)
Standard Package: Windsor Hotel – Standard Room (2*)
About 3rd Day
Cycling to Nuwera Elliya (England Countryside) is awesome experience and it is the epic story of your winter holiday in Sri Lanka. Cycling attitude starts 500 meters to 1885 meters. It is uphill trail and this is the most beautiful cycling trail in Sri Lanka. You are cycling through tea plantation, scenic mountains and valley. From Kandy to Nuwera Ellia total distance would be 78 km and you will cycle approximately average 60 Km. if you fitness enough you can ride further.
Approximate cycling distances 50 – 70 Km
Nuwera Elliya - Horton plains - Belihul Oya
- After Breakfast early morning visit to Horton plains.
- Trekking & Hiking in Horton Plains
- Cycle to Belihul Oya via Babarakanda Waterfall.
- Evening relax at hotel.
- Overnight stay at Belihul Oya Rest House.
About 4th Day
After the breakfast proceed to Horton Plains and trekking Horton plains. It is 8 Km trekking in the Horton Plain and you will explore fauna and flora.
You will have a packed snack and get refresh after the trekking in Horton Plains and after the few minutes break you will start the cycle to Belihul Oya via Babarakanda water. If you like you can have a shower at highest waterfall in Sri Lanka. It is amazing experience and there will be deep mist, if rains take place in Horton Plains area.
You will cycling approximately 40 – 60 Km and it is mixed terrain.
Approximate cycling distances 40 – 60 Km.
Belihul Oya - Udawalawe
- After Breakfast cycling to Udawalawe via Belihul Oya countryside.
- Proceed to Udawalawe by vehicle.
- Evening Safari in Udawalawe National Park.
- Overnight stay in Udawalawe.
Luxury Package: Wild Trails Camping – Deluxe Tented Camp
Premium Package: Athgira River Camping – Standard Tented Camp.
Standard Package: Safari Village – Standard Room (2*).
About 5th Day
After the breakfast proceed to Belihul Oya Samanalawewa and people will cycle through the countryside, over the water stream and experience stunning landscapes. It is mixed terrain and approx… Cycling distance 40 – 60 Km and you will cycle up to 12 p.m. and after that proceed to Udawalawe by vehicle.
You will get the lunch at the campsite and proceed to Elephant Safari in Udawalawe National Park. People explore wild elephants in the reservoir.
You will get the dinner at the campsite. Relax at the campsite.
Approximate cycling distances 40 – 60 Km.
Udawalawe – Tangalle
- Early morning safari in Uawalwe national park and visit to Elephant Transit home.
- After Breakfast cycling to Tangalle through countryside.
- Evening leisure at the Beach or relax at hotel.
About 6th Day
After the Breakfast you will cycle to Elephant Transit Home and experience retaliation activities and feeding to Baby elephants. You will cycle to Tangalle through the countryside. It is approximately 40 – 60 Km and it is mixed terrain.
Once you drop in Tangalle or South Coast 5 days cycling tour will be ended.
- Private guided cycling tour
- Air-conditioned Luxury vehicle will be provided.
- We are recommending Hybrid Mountain Bikes according to road conditions.
- Road bikes, Mountain bikes and electric bikes can be provided based on request.
- Hotels room category as mentioned on itinerary and if you need any upgrade rooms, you have to pay additional amount for room category upgrades.
- You can extend the Holiday in Beach
- Sri Lanka is Buddhism country so when you bring dress / cloths should not print or paste Buddha’s images or pictures related to Buddhism.
- Tips are not compulsory but if wish to appreciate the service or support you are feel free to pay any amount.
- Full moon day’s alcoholic drinks may not serve in the hotels or public area. Star class hotels min bar available at the room. Or you have purchase previous day and keep them at the vehicle or room.
- If you want to exchange the money highly advising exchange with bank. They will apply up to date exchange rate which ordered by Central Bank.
- When you are visiting temples and religious places needs to cover the shoulders and knees. So keep a shoal use such places.
- Do not remove or collect fauna or flora in the national parks or nature reserve without official permission.
- If you do not comfortable with any 3rd party services such as accommodation, please highlight to us then and there. Inform to our guide.
Things are you should bring
- Sri Lanka is warm country and day time average temperature would be 33 C – 36 C and relative humidity of 60 – 65%. Chances of sunburn are high with prolonged exposure so carry plenty of sun-block and guard against sunstroke.
- Light and Cotton cloths are recommended.
- 3 – 4 cycling jerseys
- If you expect to use clip shoes then bring the own paddle. Because clips vary brand to brand.