Cycling in Polonnaruwa Countryside (3 – 4 Hrs / 30 – 35 Km)
Cycling in Polonnaruwa countryside with Bike Tours in Sri Lanka is simply exploring the glory of ancient people who lived 1000 years before in Polonnaruwa. You will start the cycle in front of Polonnaruwa ruin entrance and cycle through Polonnaruwa “Parakrama Samudraya water tank to farmers village. You will visit the traditional local house and experience farmers hospitality with a cup of tea or coconut drink. After the refreshments you will meet local farmer and you will walk with him in the paddy. If it is cultivation season then you can experience traditional farming methods with locals and you can have a lifetime souvenir with local farmers. After the farmers’ village you will cycle through paddy fields to water tank and you will ride local fishermen living area and you will explore local inland fishing boat, methods and local fishermen living style. You might able to do the mini canoeing ride with local fishermen. If you are lucky enough might spot wild elephants in the water tank and especially you have more possibilities spot wild elephants in the evening.
Attractions of Countryside cycle tour
- Water tanks and Irrigations
- Greenish paddy fields
- Countryside house visit and experience people hospitality
- Over 100 years old saloon
- Water tank and knuckles range Landscapes
- Wild elephants in water tank ground and many colourful bird species
- Catamaran boat rides with local fisherman’s
- Starting point is “Polonnaruwa Heritage Museum”
- Starting time 9 a.m – 3 p.m.
- Distance 30 – 35 Km and duration 3 – 4 Hrs
- Soft and Flat terrain.
|Number of Pax||1 pax||2 – 3 pax||4 – 6 pax||7 – 10 pax|
|Rate Per Person in US$||$ 85||$ 65||$ 55||$ 45|
- Cycles and Cycling guide/ supporting crew
- Water and refreshments during the ride
- Canoeing ride.