“Activity Cycling Holiday in Sri Lanka” tour of Bike Tours in Sri Lanka is not just a cycling holiday. The multiple activities spice up the cycling holiday and it is more challenging cycling holiday ever you have experienced before. It is exploring beauty of Sri Lanka in different context and every paddle adding memories of Sri Lanka Cycling Holiday. “The Activity Cycling Holiday” ideal for honeymooners and family cycling holiday people as well.
With the Activity Cycling Holiday of Bike Tours in Sri Lanka, people will explore history, landscapes, culture, Wildlife, Rafting, Cave exploration, Trekking and Hiking. There is activity in every place that you cycle and it makes wow the Cycling Holiday in Sri Lanka.
Highlights of Romantic Cycling Holiday
- Explore Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- 4 WD Safari in Kaudulla National Park
- Cycling in Pristine knuckles range and trekking to Duwili Ella Waterfall.
- Overnight in cave nearby Duwili Ella waterfall.
- Rafting and jungle trekking
- Abseiling along the waterfall.
- Cave Exploration – Beli Lena Cave
- Beach holiday
Airport / Colombo - Sigiriya
- My Ceylon Adventures cycling guide welcome you at the Airport / Negombo
- Check into Hotel and Evening visit Sigiriya Rock Fortress.
- 4 WD Safaris in Kaudulla National Park.
- Ayurveda herbal massage
- Overnight stay in Sigiriya
Luxury Package: Lake Lodge – Superior Room (Boutique Hotel)
Premium Package: Camilia Resort & Spa – Standard Room (4*)
Standard Package: Kassapa Lion Rock Hotel – Standard Room (3*)
About 1st Day
Our cycling guide meets you at the Colombo or Airport or Negombo and proceeds to Sigiriya. After the refreshing start the cycling to Sigiriya Rock Fortress and around 2.30 p.m. proceed to Kaudulla 4 WD Elephant safari. After the safari you will get local Ayurveda herbal massage and it may relax the body.
Note: in case if 1st day time is not enough to visit Sigiriya Rock Fortress and 4 WD safaris. That can be switch into next day (day 02)
Sigiriya – Knuckles Mountains
- After the breakfast cycling to Knuckles mountain range.
- Evening relax and enjoy the nature of the Knuckles mountain range.
- Overnight stay at St. John’s bungalow.
About 2nd Day
After breakfast you will cycle through the Kandalama water tank to Bankamuna Junction about 35 Km. it is flat route and you will ride through countryside and wilderness area.
After the Bakamunua junction proceed to Hettipola by vehicle.
2nd Cycling session starts from Hettipola to Knuckles summit and it is about approx. 21 Km uphill cycling trail but if you not fit enough cycle you can get into the vehicle.
It is altitude starting from 200 meters to 1498 meters.
Once you reached to summit 2nd day cycling ride will be ended and you will proceed to hotel. In the evening you will relax at the hotel with chilled beer and enjoying the nature.
Sigiriya to Knuckles Mountain Range approx. Distance 40 – 60 Km and 5 – 6 hrs. Ride
Knuckles Range – Meemure
- After the breakfast you will meet the trekking team.
- Trekking to Duwili Ella Waterfall
- Overnight in Cave located near by the waterfall.
About 3rd Day
After the breakfast you will meet the trekking team and after the briefing you will start the trekking to Duwili Ella through the Knuckles Forest mountain range. It is approx. distance about 12 – 14 Km and you will camp near by the waterfall.
You will get basic meal due to remote area and it is not pre-arranged place. All logistics are carried by trekking team.
It is moderated trekking trail and it is one of most scenic trekking trail in Sri Lanka.
Note: Cave accommodation with basic facilities and people will get sleeping bags for sleep. There is no fixed washrooms and people have to use bush.
Duwili Ella Waterfall - Meemure
- After the Breakfast start the trekking to Meemure.
- Evening relax at the hotel and enjoy the nature.
- Overnight stay at Dumbanagala Chalet – Standard Room (Eco Lodge )
About 4th Day.
After breakfast you will trek to Meemure through the forest and you will get the local lunch in Meemure. Evening explore scenic landscapes and pristine village in Meemure.
In the evening relax at the hotel
It is about approx. Trekking distance 10 – 12 Km.
Meemure – Kithulgala
- After Breakfast cycle to Victoria Dam via Hunnasgiriya.
- En-route visit to Tea factory and experience plucking tea.
- Evening White Water Rafting in Kithulgala
- Overnight stay at River Camp with BBQ Dinner.
About 5th Day
After the breakfast you will cycle to Hunnsgiriya and it is mixed cycling trail. It is not just cycle ride through the tea plantation; people will experience tea planters living style and tea picking. You will cycle ride continues to Victoria Dam and explore biggest dam of Sri Lanka.
It is mix terrain and approx… Cycling distance 45 – 60 Km.
After the cycling ride proceed to Kithulgala by vehicle and you will experience White Water Rafting and you will get BBQ Sri Lankan Dinner at Kithulgala river bank. Overnight stay at the Campsite near by the River bank.
Meemure to Victoria Dam approximate distances 45 – 60 Km and 5 – 6 hrs. Ride
Kithulgala – Bentota / Airport / Colombo
- After Breakfast cycling to Beli Lena cave.
- Abseiling along the water fall.
- Drop you in Bentota for beach stay or Airport / Colombo
About 6th Day
After the breakfast cycling to Beli Lena Cave and it is uphill cycling trail. You will trek to Cave through Rubber plantation. Beli Lena over 25000 year old cave and it was place ancient homosapien lived. After the cave exploration hiking to “Handun Ella” Waterfall and abseil along with the waterfall. It is exciting experience abseil height over 35 meters waterfall. After the Sri Lankan lunch you will proceed to Airport. If you wish to extend the holiday in the beach. We will drop you South Coast for the beach stay.
- Private guided cycling tour
- Air-conditioned Luxury vehicle will be provided.
- We are recommending Hybrid Mountain Bikes according to road conditions.
- Road bikes, Mountain bikes and electric bikes can be provided based on request.
- Hotels room category as mentioned on itinerary and if you need any upgrade rooms, you have to pay additional amount for room category upgrades.
- You can extend the Holiday in Beach
- Sri Lanka is Buddhism country so when you bring dress / cloths should not print or paste Buddha’s images or pictures related to Buddhism.
- Tips are not compulsory but if wish to appreciate the service or support you are feel free to pay any amount.
- Full moon day’s alcoholic drinks may not serve in the hotels or public area. Star class hotels min bar available at the room. Or you have purchase previous day and keep them at the vehicle or room.
- If you want to exchange the money highly advising exchange with bank. They will apply up to date exchange rate which ordered by Central Bank.
- When you are visiting temples and religious places needs to cover the shoulders and knees. So keep a shoal use such places.
- Do not remove or collect fauna or flora in the national parks or nature reserve without official permission.
- If you do not comfortable with any 3rd party services such as accommodation, please highlight to us then and there. Inform to our guide.
Things are you should bring
- Sri Lanka is warm country and day time average temperature would be 33 C – 36 C and relative humidity of 60 – 65%. Chances of sunburn are high with prolonged exposure so carry plenty of sun-block and guard against sunstroke.
- Light and Cotton cloths are recommended.
- 3 – 4 cycling jerseys
- If you expect to use clip shoes then bring the own paddle. Because clips vary brand to brand.