Cycling Holidays in Sri Lanka is wonderful experience and 5 days cycling holiday in Sri Lanka best way to explore tropical beauty in Sri Lanka. Cycling with My Ceylon Adventure in Sri Lanka is not just padding tour; you will ride through different terrains, explore beautiful landscapes, history of Sri Lanka and connects with culture and people.
Every day brings you confident about you and keeps interesting in your cycling holiday in Sri Lanka. Life Time experience and Tour will be ended with amazing epic story!!!
Day 01 Airport - Negombo
- Welcome at the Airport and Proceed to Negombo.
- Optional: Evening cycling in Negombo fishing Village.
- Overnight stay in Negombo
Luxury Package: Jetwing Lagoon – Deluxe Room (Boutique Hotel) or similar hotel.
Premium Package: Goldi Sands Hotel – Standard Room (3 star Hotel) or similar
Standard Package: Villa Palma – Standard Room (1 Star Hotel) or similar hotel.
About 1st day
Our official representative meets and welcomes you at the Airport and proceeds to Negombo Hotel.
Evening cycling in Negombo fishing village do the fine-tunings of Cycles and experience fishing village. 1st Day usually you will not get more activities; you need rest for ride in next day. You will cycle approximately 20 – 25 Km
Day 02 Negombo – Sigiriya
- Early Morning cycling to Sigiriya.
- Climb the Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Evening cycling in Sigiriya countryside.
- Overnight stay in Sigiriya
Luxury Package: Chaaya Village – Superior Room (4 star Hotel) or similar hotel.
Premium Package: Kassapa Lion Rock Hotel – Standard Room (3 star Hotel) or similar hotel
Standard Package: Asnara Village Hotel – Standard Room (1 Star Hotel) or similar hotel.
About 2nd day
You will start the cycle early morning 1st session after cycling Kurunagala 25 Km and proceed to Sigiriya by vehicle and evening cycling to Sigiriya rock and explore countryside in elephant back. Total travel distance to Sigiriya 165 Km and cycling distance approximately 40 - 70 Km. this is flat route and daytime temperature 32 – 35 C°.
Total distance approximately 165 Km and Cycling Distance 40 - 70 km
Day 03 Sigiriya – Kandy
- Early morning cycling to Kandy.
- Evening visit to Temple of tooth in Kandy.
- Optional: Evening Kandy Culture Dancing show.
- Dinner & Overnight stay in Kandy
Luxury Package : Mahaweli Reach Hotel – Deluxe Room (5 star Hotel) or similar hotel.
Premium Package: Devon Hotel Kandy – Standard Room (3 star Hotel) or similar hotel
Standard Package: Royal Tourist Lodge Hotel – Standard Room (1 Star Hotel) or similar
About 3th Day
Cycling trail based in high altitude area approximately above 1600 mete above the sea level and you will cycle through valley and mountain. Uphill ride is 21 Km and it is hard trail. You will cycle to Matale and after that you will be proceed to Kandy by vehicle. Evening visits to Temple of Tooth and Kandy City Tour subject to Time availability. Total distance would be 145 Km and daytime temperature 22 – 25 C°. You can ride approximately 60 - 70 Km and if you feel climb is difficult you can skip climb and you can cycle in downhill.
Kandy is in climatic terms, a world apart due to its altitude of 500m above sea level. The town was captured by the British in 1815, and is known more for its cultural and spiritual importance rather than its history. Buddhists from all over the world, come to this delightful old highland town, specifically to visit the Temple of the Tooth, the Dalada Maligawa. The costly jewelled shrine of the holy tooth (said to be 3.5cm long by 1cm thick and Buddha’s left canine) is kept in the upper floor of the original building. This relic was brought from India 1,500 years ago and every year, at the time of the August full moon, it is paraded round the town with great pomp and circumstance.
Total distance approximately 145 Km and Cycling Distance 60 - 70 km
Day 04 Kandy – Kithulgala
- After Breakfast early morning cycling to Kithulgala
- White Water Rafing in Kithulgala
- BBQ lunch in the river bank.
- Evening trekking in the forest.
- Overnight stay at Forest Edge Hotel (Kithulgala)
About 4th Day
Cycling to Kithulgala is mixed terrain and you will get mostly uphill but those are not tpp hard climbs. Once you reach to Kithulgala. You will relax at hotels and evening you can experience Rafting, Jungle trekking.
Kithulgala blessed with Water and Sri Lanka inland water based adventure centre is Kithulgala. The experience of White Water Rafting in the picturesque Kelani River, there are 7 rapids covering 3 major rapids and 4 minor rapids (Grade 2 -3 rapids). Every rapid gives you great fun…epic excitement…!
Total distance approximately 90 Km and Cycling Distance 40 - 70 km
Day 5 Kithulgala - Airport
- After Breakfast cycling to Pinnawella Elephant Orphanage and after the lunch proceed to Airport.
Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage
The Department of National Zoological Garden has set up an orphanage for baby elephants at Pinnawela which is about 13 Km from Kegalle – Rambukkana Road. The orphanage was established to feed, nurse and house young elephant found abandoned by their mothers. Often the young ones fall into pits and ravines in their quest for water during drought period. Other inmates at the orphanage are those displaced from their natural environs by development project or those found diseased or wounded the orphanage is 16 years old. The animals that were brought during the initial years are now capable of breeding and have in fact bred.
About 5th Day
From Kithulgala to Ruwanwella town is soft trail and it is 30 Km ride. You will continue the ride up to Pinnawella Elephant Orphanage and you can experience feeding to baby elephants.
After the lunch you will proceed to Airport for the departure.
Cost Per Person
2 people (USD $)
Note compulsory supplement:
- If you need single rooms you have to pay additional cost for Single room supplement
- Hotels room category as mentioned on itinerary and if you need any upgrade rooms, you have to pay additional amount for room category upgrades.
OUR RATES INCLUDE:
- Accommodation at Hotels on Bed and Breakfast basis (accommodation + breakfast) and rooms Double/ Twin sharing basis as mentioned in the above itinerary.
- Transportation in air –conditioned micro van with an English-speaking chauffeur guide throughout the tour and until airport drop.
- Cycle, Cycling Guide and his expenses.
- Following adventure activities included in this itinerary.
- Sigiriya Rock fortress visit and entrance fee
- Elephant Back ride in Habarana
- Knuckles forest trekking and entrance fees
- Rafting in Kithulgala
- Elephant Orphanage.
- Water, Tea & Coffee during the Tour
OUR RATES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Any extra none or alcoholic beverages and foods (other than mentioned on the itinerary)
- Lunch and Dinner do not include (any meal other than Breakfast)
- Any personal effects not mentioned here
- Any tips to the staff.
- Your flight tickets, Visa or all other expense which is not included in “rate include” column
- Please Note Sri Lanka is predominantly hot and dry country and with average temperature of 30 C° - and relative humidity of 60 – 65%. Chances of sunburn are high with prolonged exposure so carry plenty of sun-block and guard against sunstroke.
- Light Clothes, cycling boots/ Shoes are recommended.
Full payment with the confirmation
- Before 60 days only $ 100 as administrative fee.
- 59 – 30 days 50% of the tour cost will be charged.
- Less than 29 days 100% of the tour cost will be charged.