Cycling in Sri Lanka is wonderful cycling holiday experience in Sri Lanka and you will cycle through amazing Knuckles mountain range and explore picturesque valley and landscape. “Explore Sri Lanka in Two Wheel” cycling holiday cycling routes based mostly in down hills and flat routes, it is soft and medium level cycling holiday programme. You will explore central part and north central part of the island. You will experience proud history of Sri Lanka and cycling through ancient archaeological sites in Polonnaruwa, Sigiriya and Anuradhapura.
- My Ceylon Adventure Cycling Team meets in Kandy and proceed to Matale
- Cycling through Knuckles Mountain Range
- Overnight stay in Polonnaruwa
Luxury Package : Deer Park Hotel – Deluxe Room (4 star Hotel) or similar hotel.
Premium Package: Hotel Sudu Araliya – Standard Room (3 star Hotel) or similar hotel
Standard Package: Giritale Hotel – Standard Room (2 Star Hotel) or similar hotel.
About 1st Day Cycling Route
Top of Knuckles to Bakamuna 55 Km (with 21 Km downhill and 34 Km flat trail) after Bakamuna Junction if you are fit enough you can cycle to Polonnaruwa and approximately distance would be 47 Km and it is flat trail.
Medieval Capital of Polonnaruwa
In the 12th c. AD, the medieval capital of Polonnaruwa was one of the great urban centers in South asia. Today, the well preserved ruins give you the chance to experience the grandeur of this period and marvel at the artistry of the island’s early craftsmen.
Located 142km from Colombo, polonnaruwa was the island’s second ancient capital. Many of the existing ruins owe their construction to Parakramabahu the Great, the last in a sequence of warrior-kings, who developed the city on a lavish scale. He is also credited with the massive artificial lake that lies to the west of the city, the sea of Parakrama.
- After Breakfast cycling in Polonnaruwa ruin city and cycling Sigiriya.
- Visit to Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Proceed to Anuraddhapura by Vehicle
- Overnight stay in Anuradhapura.
Luxury Package : Ulagalla Resort - Ulagalla Chalet (Boutique Hotel) or similar.
Premium Package: Palm Garden Village Hotel – Standard Room (3 star Hotel) or similar hotel
Standard Package: Galway Miridiya Lodge – Standard Room (1 star Hotel) or Similar.
About 2nd Day Cycling Route
Cycling in Polonnaruwa Archeological site approximately 15 Km and cycling to Sigiriya via gravel and moderate routes approximately 60 km.
The Sigiriya Rock Fortress was built by King Kasyapa in the 5th century A.D. and a royal citadel for more than 18 years. It is complex of buildings, part royal palace, part fortified town and water gardens on par with the best in the ancient world, constitute a magnificent and unique architectural feat of the ancient Sinhalese. In a sheltered packet approached by spiral stairway are the famous Sigiriya frescos, the earliest surviving pictorial art of Sri Lanka and of the same period as the Ajantha fresco of India. The summit of the rock with an area of nearly one hc was the site of the palace. It is regarded as the 8th Wonder of ancient the World.
- After Breakfast cycling in Anuradhapura ruin city.
- Cycling to Wilpattu National Park and Safari in Wilpattu National Park by 4 WD.
- Overnight stay in Negombo.
Luxury Package : Jetwing Lagoon – Deluxe Room (Boutique Hotel) or similar hotel.
Premium Package: Goldi Sands Hotel – Standard Room (3 star Hotel) or similar hotel
Standard Package: Villa Palma – Standard Room (1 Star Hotel) or similar hotel.
About 3rd Day Cycling Route
Cycling in Anuradhapura archeological site approximately 25 Km and cycling to Wilpattu National Park and it is moderate routes approximately 45 km.
- After Breakfast cycling in Negombo fishing Village
- Departure or Continue the Tour
- END OF PROGRAMME –
· Please Note Sri Lanka is predominantly hot and dry country and with average temperature of 30 C° - and relative humidity of 60 – 65%. Chances of sunburn are high with prolonged exposure so carry plenty of sun-block and guard against sunstroke.
· Light Clothes, cycling boots/ Shoes are recommended.
Full payment with the confirmation
· Before 60 days only $ 100 as administrative fee.
· 59 – 30 days 50% of the tour cost will be charged.
· Less than 29 days 100% of the tour cost will be charged.