About the “Amazing Epic Ride in Sri Lanka” 4 days Guided cycling Holiday in Sri Lanka and cycling through scenic mountains and valley, Tea Estates and boundaries of national park. With wildlife experience and overnight stay at Safari campsite in Yala national park buffer zone.
Altitude 500 meters to over 2000 meters is not amazing experience! It’s epic tale of your life…!
Day 0 1 Kalpitiya – Kandy
- Pick you in Kalpitiya and proceed to Kandy.
- Visit to Temple of tooth in Kandy.
- Evening cycling in Hantana Tea Plantation.
- Optional: Evening Kandy Culture Dancing show.
- Overnight stay in Kandy
Luxury Package : Mount Royal Hantana Hotel – Deluxe Room (4 star Hotel) or similar hotel.
Premium Package: Hotel Topaz – Standard Room (3 star Hotel) or similar hotel
Standard Package: Devon Hotel – Standard Room (2 Star Hotel) or similar hotel.
Kandy is in climatic terms, a world apart due to its altitude of 500m above sea level. The town was captured by the British in 1815, and is known more for its cultural and spiritual importance rather than its history. Buddhists from all over the world, come to this delightful old highland town, specifically to visit the Temple of the Tooth, the Dalada Maligawa. The costly jewelled shrine of the holy tooth (said to be 3.5cm long by 1cm thick and Buddha’s left canine) is kept in the upper floor of the original building. This relic was brought from India 1,500 years ago and every year, at the time of the August full moon, it is paraded round the town with great pomp and circumstance.
Day 2 Kandy – Nuwera Elliya
- My Ceylon Adventures cycling Team meets you in Kandy.
- Cycling to Nuwera Elliya through Tea Plantation and en-route visit to Tea Plantation.
- Evening Nuwera Elliya city tour by pony back ride.
- Overnight stay in Nuwera Elliya
Luxury Package : Grand Hotel – Standard Room (4 Star) or Similar
Premium Package: Windsor Hotel – Standard Room (2 Star) or Similar
Standard Package : Gayway Forest Lodge – Standard Room (1 star Hotel) or similar hotel.
About 2nd Day Cycling Route.
This is your Epic Ride of your life and Kandy – Nuwera Elliya is the hardest cycling trail in your Cycling Holiday. Altitude starts 500 meters – 1860 meters. Approximately 18 Km flat route and uphill distance would be 46 Km and you can ride any amount of Km according to your fitness.
It’s a land of peace, and silence the nostalgia of the empire builders is reflected in Nuwera – Eliya. The town is decorated with buildings ranging in style from Georgian to Queen Ann. Nuwara Eliya the highest town in Sri Lanka has a cool sparkling climate with the temperature changing around 13degC. This is an exquisite and healthy city famous for its wide range in flowers. With buildings of English architecture everywhere in the city, it is affectionately called “Little England”. The Victoria Park in the center of Nuwara Eliya, is a beautiful place to visit.
Day 0 3 Nuwera Elliya – Yala
- After Breakfast cycling to Yala .
- Check into Yala Safari campsite - Yala National Park (buffer zone)
- Evening Safari in Yala National Park
- Overnight stay in Yala.
Luxury Package: Ceylon Wild Safari Camping – Mobile Tented Camp or (4 stars Hotel)
Premium Package: Mandara Rosen Resort – Standard Room (3 star Hotel) or similar hotel.
Standard Package: Jayasinghe Holiday Resort – Standard Room (1 Star Hotel) or similar.
Yala National Park is renowned for the variety of its wildlife and its fine coastline (with associated coral reefs). But the key highlight here is the Sri Lankan Leopard. Yala National Park has the highest density of leopards living in the wild. In fact, it is the world's best. It also boasts a large number of important cultural ruins, bearing testimony to earlier civilizations and indicating that much of the area used to be populated and well developed.
About 3rd Day Cycling Route.
Nuwera Elliya To Wellawaya mostly you will get downhill and in between there are few uphill as well. You will ride through beautiful landscapes. From Wellawaya to Yala is Flat terrain and from Nuwera Elliya to Yala distance approximately 192 Km you will not ride entire distance. You will ride until 3 p.m and after that you will proceed to Yala by vehicle.
Day 0 4 Departure
- After Breakfast proceed to Colombo.
- END OF PROGRAMME –
· Please Note Sri Lanka is predominantly hot and dry country and with average temperature of 30 C° - and relative humidity of 60 – 65%. Chances of sunburn are high with prolonged exposure so carry plenty of sun-block and guard against sunstroke.
· Light Clothes, cycling boots/ Shoes are recommended.
Full payment with the confirmation
· Before 60 days only $ 100 as administrative fee.
· 59 – 30 days 50% of the tour cost will be charged.
· Less than 29 days 100% of the tour cost will be charged.